Saturday 1 December 2012

Christmas Yankee Candles

I have been eyeing up Yankee Candles for as long as I can remember, they used to be all over blogs and YouTube and I was dying to get my hands on them. But until last week that's all they were, an item on a list stored in my memory, of things I desperately wanted after seeing them online (let me tell you my little brain is storing A LOT of these items!) And to my sheer delight after listening to me bang on about these amazing candles and being dragged into Clinton Cards on numerous times to look at and smell the Yankee Candles they have to offer, my boyfriend surprised me with two small jars :D Cherries On Snow and Christmas Cookie.


please excuse the awful picture quality, i took the picture from my instagram, bad move!

I've only burnt Cherries On Snow so far, but I am very pleased with it. They burn so well and the smell is amazing. I admit the smell doesn't seem to be as strong as my old candle, which was Spiced Apple & Cinnamon from Glade. But what do you expect really? I was pretty much burning an air freshener! I much prefer the Yankee Candle, the smells is a lot nicer, and although its not as strong it is much more kinder on the nostrils, the Glade candles were just too overpowering!
As for the smell, I'm useless at describing scents. The Yankee website describes Cherries On Snow as 'An enchanted, sparkling blend of bright juicy cherries with sweet almonds and an icy freshness' personally I can smell all them things but my rubbish description skills would come up with something along the lines of a mixture between Cherry Soothers and Cherry Bubblegum with a slight hint of almonds. But either way its delicious! I love the smell of Cherries and this does not disappoint. Christmas Cookie literally just smells like cookies baking in the oven, the smell is very sweet and buttery and I cant wait to start burning this later tonight. My boyfriend wouldn't allow me to burn it until December because it has the word 'Christmas' in it! Spoil sport! So it will be going straight on when we go up to bed to watch tv later! I'm hoping the smell is even better as it burns!
Overall I'm really happy with my new candles. Apparently the woman in the shop told my boyfriend the two burnt together will let off a lovely scent so I think I'm going to try that out soon. I have a feeling I will be trying out a lot more of these candles in the future. I think I could well be in love.
Much Love Gemma xo.

2 comments:

  1. mmm these sound so nice! i'm on the hunt for a nice christmas candle to burn :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are both lovely! I still cant decide on a favourite, I think I'll be purchasing a few more of their Christmas scents very soon. You should try one if you get the chance they are great :) xo.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave me a comment. I love reading them and always smile when I see one pop up in my inbox, I try my best to reply to every one of you :) xxx