Friday 22 March 2013

Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine in Lychee

Hi Beauties, I'm on a roll with the posts today. This being my second of the day. Here I'm going to talk about one of the recent nail polishes I have picked up.


I've been after one of these new-ish Barry M polishes for a while now but for some reason just didn't pick any up. A few weeks ago when I was in Superdrug I noticed these were on offer for, 2 for £6 along with the new textured polishes. I've got to be honest I've had my eyes on most of the colours in this range for a long time and after a lot of pondering I decided to go for this nude 'Lychee' and the pink textured polish named, 'Kingsland Road' (which I'm sure I will blog about in the near future)


I've never really wanted a nude for my nails, because I always felt my skin was too pale and would just look stupid. But after seeing loads of pictures of nude nails floating around the blogosphere and Instagram I decided I wanted to try one out. And after seeing countless reviews on this I decided to go for it. Afterall if it didn't suit me I hadn't lost out on a lot of my money. These usually cost £3.99.


It turns out I love it! Lychee is a gorgeous beige nude that actually complements my pale skin. The shine on these polishes are amazing! Both times I've wore this polish I haven't used a top coat and my nails still looked super shiny and last really well. I never wear nail polish for longer than a couple of days because of work so these are perfect. I only noticed slight chips after 3 days without a top coat so with one I assume they would last much longer. They are fully opaque after 2 coats and if your in a hurry, 1 coat would actually be enough. The consistency is really lovely and applies easily without any streaks. I really do love this polish and I am absolutely certain I will be adding more Gelly Hi-Shines to my collection, they are fantastic!

(please excuse the shoddy application)

Have you tried these Nail Paints? If so what do you think of them? And do you have any suggestions of other colours in the range that I should buy?
Hope you enjoyed this post and maybe want to try these out for yourself.
Thanks for reading.
Much Love Gemma xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment. I love reading them and always smile when I see one pop up in my inbox, I try my best to reply to every one of you :) xxx