Monday 4 February 2013

EVENTUALLY.. Dior Rose Diamond :)

 Hi Everyone. As you may be able to tell from the title of this post I am extremely excited about one of my most recent make up purchases. I first saw Dior, Diorskin Poudre Shimmer in Rose Diamond (such a long name) in one of Tanya Burr's Youtube videos ages ago. I fell in love with it as soon as I set eyes on it and I have been dying to get my hands on it ever since!! But at £32 I just couldn't justify spending the money, until a few weeks ago.




i literally couldn't get a picture without a reflection because of how shiny the box is

In all honestly I didn't even think the Debenham's where I live sold this product, because I had never seen it on display, but after seeing a sample tucked away behind all the other testers at the Dior counter, I decided to ask if it was in stock, to my luck it was and after much hesitation I decided to buy it. My boyfriend was kind enough to put £15 towards it, so it wasn't as expensive for me. When I opened the box the product itself is in its own velvet pouch (I think this is the same with all Dior products? but after never owning a single piece of Dior make up before, I was amazed) I sadly enjoy packaging so this was a great added touch to such a sophisticated looking product and made me love it even more. The powder itself is housed in a gorgeous navy blue case with 'Dior' wrote in silver, with a holographic 'CD' for Christian Dior behind that. It has a full sized mirror in the lid and with no unnecessary brush the size of the powder is just as big as the case. 


Now to the important part, the product. One word beautiful! The colour goes from white to a gorgeous rosy pink and to my suprise it isn't shimmery at all and when applied it gives a lovely glow to the skin. The lighter left hand side is lovely to apply just above the cheekbones as a highlight, and the pink can be used as a blush. I've used it for both of these and it looks stunning. It really brightens up the face and gives a healthy, natural glow. All in all I couldn't be happier with this purchase. Granted it is a bit steep to spend £32 on a face powder and I still can't quite believe I've gone and spent that much, but I really am glad I picked it up. I can't imagine wanting or needing to buy another highlight colour for a long time now, because I really am determined to get my moneys worth out of this. After longing for this for so long I am really happy I finally have it, and I am not at all disappointed, I love it just as much as I expected I would. It really is the most beautiful piece of make up I own. (I'm so cringey!!!)



Hope your week has started off well :)
Much Love Gemma xo.

4 comments:

  1. This looks really pretty. Great review too :) I have Amber Diamond and loooove it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Aww I would love to have that as well but I think just this will have to do!xx

      Delete
  2. Oh it really is gorgeous! I'm so happy I got it! Thank you very much :) I'll take a look at yours now xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really is gorgeous!
    Silver Necklace online to add charm to the attire. 925 Silver Jaipur manufactured Sterling Silver Necklace to make women look elegant.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave me a comment. I love reading them and always smile when I see one pop up in my inbox, I try my best to reply to every one of you :) xxx