Friday 8 February 2013

January Favourites

Hi Everyone, As promised, my January Favourites at long last! Better late than never though ey? Lets get started..


 First up the make up I have been using on a daily basis this month.



Real Techniques Buffing Brush - Ever since I bought 2 sets of Real Techniques brushes sometime last year, I have been absolutely loving them. I use this brush every single time I apply my make up. I will usually apply my foundation with my fingers then blend it in with this to give me a flawless finish, Then I will use it again to apply my powder over the top to set my foundation. I really do adore this brush, its the softest brush I have ever owned and I don't know how I managed without it!

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer - I have been using this concealer for well over a year now and have repurchased it countless times. I haven't even tried anything else because I like this so much. There's always been a huge hype on the blogosphere about this product and I 100% agree with it. This concealer does an amazing job at covering blemishes and dark circles and lasts all day. At less than £5 you really can't go wrong, I use the lightest shade, 01 Fair.

Rimmel ScandalEyes Waterproof Eyeliner - As with all the other make up items in my favourites I love this and use it every single day. I got this not long after it first came out and haven't used any other pencil eyeliner since! The pigmentation of this is amazing and it doesn't budge all day. I have the black and nude versions and am extremely tempted to buy the other shades because I love them so much.

Rimmel Stay Matte Powder - Lastly for make up is the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder, I can't honestly say when I first got this but since first buying it there has been alot of hype around it and again I can see why. It does a really good job at setting your make up and holding it in place. And also combats any shine through out the day. I really like a matte finish to my make up so this is perfect for me. I even swapped this for MAC's blotting powder but once that ran out I went straight back to this as I much preferred it to the MAC powder!


L'oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil - Now onto haircare. Last year I purchased this hair oil and didn't really use it that much. This month however I have been using it religiously and I really like it. It smells lovely and makes my hair really soft and shiny. And I also feel it has done my hair a world of good since using it. For more info check out my review of it in this blog post.


Enrapture Totem Styler -  I came across this in November time after reading loads of reviews on it and really wanted to buy it for myself. So as you can imagine I was over the moon when I found it on offer in Argos and my brother said he would get it for me as a Christmas present. One of the first things I did on Christmas morning was try these out. You can heat the different sections of the styler to different temperatures to create a variety of looks. So far I have only tried out a few different temperature combinations but I love all of the styles I have managed to create. The curls/waves hold really well and look beautiful. All throughout January I have been picking these up in favour of my beloved GHD's for super quick and easy looks whenever I go out. Review and pictures coming soon!

Finally a miscellaneous favourite of this month has been Temple Run 2. As my iPhone 4s is long dead :( my boyfriend has this on his Kindle Fire HD and I have been playing it whenever I can prise it away from his hands. I was over the moon when I eventually hit 1million points for the very first time, sad I know! But I just had to tweet a picture - 


So that's it for my January Favourites, hope you enjoyed it and if you have done one please feel free to leave me a link to it below because I love reading them :) Hopefully the next one will appear before the 8th of the month!
Much Love Gemma xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment. I love reading them and always smile when I see one pop up in my inbox, I try my best to reply to every one of you :) xxx